Followers

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Today our snack was cookies. They were delicious. :) Mine turned out really, really, tall. Like over an inch tall! I can only guess that it's because the dough was completely room temperature. (That's because it took me about two hours to make the cookies, first I had to stop to feed people lunch, then I stopped again to eat, then I stopped to do kitchen. So in the end, it took forever.) But their cookies weren't as tall as mine. Their cookies looked like hats, flat around the edges, and a hump in the middle. Who knows. :)
Anywho...to the recipe:

Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup dairy free butter replacement. (I used Earth Balance again, but don't use the whole 3/4 cup or else you will have way greasy cookies, and the taste is a little overpowering.)
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla (yes, that says tablespoon)
1 egg or 1 egg worth of egg replacer. (I don't know what brand we use, but it's dairy free, naturally)
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
teeny, tiny bit of salt
2 cups chocolate chips (that's how my sis makes cookies, equal amounts of chocolate and flour, but I have found when I use Earth Balance, that many chocolate chips don't stick in the dough, so just add them until they stop staying in your dough :)
 


Here are the instructions, and captions for the pictures.
Cream sugar, spread, and vanilla.
Add egg.
Add flour, salt, and baking soda.
(Next add chocolate chips, I forgot to get that picture)
Bake at 350 F. for 8-10 minutes, DO NOT overcook! (Believe it or not, the ones in the oven are done...they will be really soft when they come out, but harden up a little when they cool off.)

The rest of the pictures are just of cookies. 
If you try this recipe, I hope you enjoy it! :)

No comments: